Thursday, July 31, 2014

My First GitHub Repo

This question on the learnpython subreddit requesting information on using Beautiful Soup prompted me to post first GitHub repo.

A few weeks ago, when the Steam Summer Sale was going on, I was faced with the same wish. I installed Beautiful Soup, and set out writing a script to parse the front page of Steam to get the list of games on sale. I envisioned this script being used as a simple console script, either run once to get the current sales, or run in a loop to get the sales and updated when the sales change.

Since my script uses Beautiful Soup, I decided to post my script, in the hopes that the other poster would learn a bit from my experience. This not not, by far, my best code... but it is functional, and I think a decent example of the subject material. Feel free to check it out yourself!
https://github.com/dijital20/SteamSale