Thursday, May 23, 2013

My Conversation with Google Now

This is what I can see Google Now, Conversational Search, and more evolving into:

(Imagine I have named my Google services avatar, "Sancho")

Me: Good morning Sancho. How are you today?

Sancho: Good morning Josh. I am working within established parameters.

Me: Excellent. What's on the agenda for today?

Sancho: You have "Process Training" from 9am until 11am, "Lunch" from 11am to 12pm, and "Design Review" from 2pm until 3pm. Today is also your friend Robert's birthday.

Me: Where is the "Process Training"?

Sancho: It is at the office, in the Pinyon conference room.

Me: I have a few things to do around the house. How much time do I have?

Sancho: With current traffic conditions, you should leave by 8:30am, in 1 hour and 12 minutes.

Me: Got it. Hey, what's interesting right now?

Sancho: Checking. I see from your Music history that you like Metallica. Did you know that they are coming to town in 2 months? Let me know if you are interested in tickets. In the news, the prime minister of France is scheduled to meet with technology industry leaders yesterday, Star Trek Into Darkness is set to be released on DVD and Blu Ray, and there is a humorous viral video of a cat using Google Glass. Would you like to know more about any of those stories?

Me: Not right now, thanks.

Sancho: Is there anything else I can do for you?

Me: Yes, remind me to get flowers for the wife on the way home, and let me know if the traffic gets worse.

Sancho: I have set the reminder to get flowers for your wife on your way home. I will send a notification to your phone if travel time to work increases. Will there be anything else?

Me: No thank you.

Sancho: Excellent. Have a good day sir.

In short, I think I want Tony Stark's JARVIS from the Iron Man movies.